Our third annual 6-hour Fat Ass is scheduled for Saturday April 7, 2018! The last few years have been a ton of fun putting on our fundraising event, and hope to have as much this year.
The term Fat Ass refers to a race that is put on with very low or no registration fees, no tshirts or medals, and a community supported event.
We are asking for donations to help support our group, in lieu of a registration fee. $20 is a suggested donation, and can be made online during registration, following the link at the top of this page, or in person.
Runners start at 8:00am on Sat April 7, 2018, and they have 6-hours to run as long or short as they desire. Participants are not required to run for all 6-hours. Many runners choose to run for an hour or two, take a break, and then possibly go out again. Last year we had a handful of runners out for the full time.
We ask participants to come back to the Start/ Finish area every 2 hours, to check in with the race director (RD). We will have snacks and a cookout throughout the event.
There is none! This is a choose your own adventure style run, runners are free to run whatever course they choose. Each runner, or one runner within a group must have a GPS app actively tracking their course. Upon returning to the Start/Finish area, show your route and mileage to the RD, so that they may be added to your total mileage.
Person with the most miles at the end of 6-hours.
Person/group with the best pics based on our theme.
Person/group with… TBA
- Runners can officially finish if they are the last person in the group still running, or make it to the 6 hour cut off point.
- Runners can stop running whenever they want, just by letting the RD know at the start finish area. Their mileages will be tallied and recorded on the official list.
- Any general childish attitudes toward the RD, host, or any other runner. If you can’t be an adult, please stay at home.
- Cheating or suspected cheating.
- Relieving oneself (urinating and defecating) at the start/finish area in a place other than in a toilet,we are in a neighborhood, and we would like to be good neighbors.
- in order to save battery life on your phone, we encourage groups of people to go out and run together—only one mapping app is needed per group.
- By mid-day you may feel hungry, we have food at the start/finish area, runners are encouraged to eat, drink, and rest at the start/finish area. Help us cheer on runners still in the game.
- We will have phone charging stations available (a few outlets) should you want to charge your phone.